Sunday, July 20, 2014

Colin and more

 Colin's new shirt came in the mail. I mentioned that we've been following a blog for a number of years now about a family who's son was born with hydrocephalus. At about 4 yrs. old now, after numerous surgeries and seizures to manage, he's doing quite well. His family has to cover mounds of hospital bills, so they're selling these embroidered shirts. Their son's name is Leo, so they call him Leo the Lion. The lion shirt says "turn scars into stars."  If you're interested, here is their blog:  leoclement.blogspot.com
They make shirts for adults and children.

 I asked Colin to help me clean this deck chair I want to paint white. He spent forever putting on a Christmas apron and gardening gloves, then only spent about 30 seconds cleaning. Dear Future Colin's Wife- I'm going to do my best, but I can't make any promises : )

 I have so many big plans for the backyard, but have to take it step by step, especially in this heat and with our schedule. But purchasing is at least one step. I'm excited to have a little pond- hopefully in the next few months.

 This week, I'm happy to be busy with a recording session. Lone Star Wind Orchestra and UNT have teamed up for GIA's first volume of Grade 1 pieces for band. As you can see on the table, we're recording quite a few within 5 days- something around 80. Sure, the music is simple (although I'm pretty some are quite above a Grade 1 and we've run across a few pretty fun horn parts) but even simple can be a challenge to make beautiful and as perfect as possible. In any case, the sessions are going quite well and moving very quickly thanks to all the skilled players I'm lucky to be with! We have a great section of rotating horns, and it's always fun to take on such a fun project with people you enjoy being around.

 It takes so many people to organize such a project. They've done a great job making everything run smoothly.
 This evening I finished early and Dax and I took Colin out to a baseball game. He wasn't sure he was interested, but pizza and cotton candy won him over. It was pretty hot, so he lasted about half the game. He also said he missed his sisters, who were living it up getting pedicures and manicures with Nana and a friend.  I could have sat there all night relaxing and taking in the sights. Maybe I'll go on my own someday.
I love both of these guys!!!

KID QUOTES-

Chloe- "Who even cares that much about food?"
Hannah- "Everyone."    

Colin- "You know why I can spit my toothpaste out so hard?  My skeleton." 
(He likes to talk about his teeth being bones and therefore part of his skeleton he can see and touch. Now if I can get him to learn that darn alphabet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment