Saturday, June 8, 2013

First Time for Everything

In two days, we will begin our first day of homeschooling. Our children are 3, 4, and 6, so this is mostly for our oldest, Hannah, but everyone in the family is invited. We plan to use a mix of curricula-  Five in A RowChildren's Garden of the TheotokosHorizons Math, and various spelling and language programs.  I've bought some of this online and some at a home educators store (where much is second hand). My gracious mother is a teacher, so she's donated many supplies and worksheets toward our cause. I've collected many ideas off of websites, blogs, and magazines with hopes of forming something manageable for me and fulfilling for our children. We plan on doing 6 weeks of school, 2 weeks of mini-vacation. The structure of our day is planned for as follows- but we'll see how the kids do best as time goes on.

A real breakfast (not the rushed ones when we had to rush to preschool everyday)
Prayers and Circle Time including Saint of the Day
Math
Language
Five in a Row  -  alternating Social Studies, Language Arts, Art& Music, Math, and Science.

We'll hopefully fit in a mini-field trip each week along with some cooking.
Join us as we begin our adventure! We'll have our mishaps for sure, but I'm excited to see what's in store for us! I'm trying to remember a very important word for myself, since there is so much else going on in life that can change these plans around -  FLEXIBILITY

In the meantime, I'm still relishing in a wonderful trip I took with Mom to Whidbey Island, Washington. This picture illustrates how I feel about the upcoming summer : )


No comments:

Post a Comment